Thread: Tyre dilemma

bre1146's Avatar Junior Member

Tyre dilemma

So I need the off road look but in a bit of a dilemma.

I was thinking 265/75/16 bf Goodrich ko2's but after a bit a research I think i'll have rubbing issues.

So now I'm thinking 245/75/16 These should fit with no problems I'm led to believe.

Anyone had any experience.

Cheers.

Dorf's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi All, new to this site, glad to see I am not the only one with tyre dilemma. Just collected my crafter dropside and those standard tyres just don't look right, as others I see want to go for BF goodrich ko2's to give it better proportions, but not sure what fits watching the site with anticipation!

Hi Dorf
    These are mine on my CR50 they are BFG All terrains (Not Mud Terrains) good on the road, not noisy and ok on bends
    Not overly cheap, espesh when you got to buy 7 of the buggers ... (inc spare) but wearing and looking well

Name:  IMG_8501.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  91.6 KB

Now they fit the hole, what size are they?

225/85 x16

If you got a 4 wheel van (as opposed to a 6 wheeler) you can go a lot wider, but so I don't have to carry two spare sizes, I kept mine all the same

Hope that helps

Just taken my Haib off the back of my LT 35 mwb as its due for a new home, the haib will then be installed on my new crafter 35 mwb. The crafter towered over the LT and I was convinced it needed bigger boots as the standard look lost in the wheel arches. Now after removing the hiab from the LT, its suspension has overcome gravity and it sits nice and high, the sensible thing would be wait until I have installed the haib on the crafter as see how it sits. Problem being not good at waiting and just one click away from ordering a new set of 245 / 75 16s

I am late to join this site and don't know what has gone before but have found the vwbb-database.com site a great help for full dimensional drawings of all the vw commercials may be of help to some of you out there building your vans.