Rear seat fitting Yorkshire

Can anyone recommend me a place to fit a double rear seat into my crafter, preferably in Yorkshire?

Evening
    Don;t know of anywhere myself, I would advise a google of local engineering companies near you. Failing that search the local VW Clubs, someone will know someone.
    I fitted mine myself, bit of a faff, but quite doable, just get some big spreader plates for under the Van, I used high tensile nuts/bolts and Stainless Plates about 100mm square.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Escape View Post
    Evening
    Don;t know of anywhere myself, I would advise a google of local engineering companies near you. Failing that search the local VW Clubs, someone will know someone.
    I fitted mine myself, bit of a faff, but quite doable, just get some big spreader plates for under the Van, I used high tensile nuts/bolts and Stainless Plates about 100mm square.
    Hope that helps
    Cheers mate, where did you get the plates from, or did you get an engineering place to make them up for you?

Im wanting to fit the seat so the back rest is central to the side window (drivers side). Did you encounter any problems - things in the way of where you wanted to bolt the seats. I know the Ad Blue tank will need dropping, but is there anything like the chassis that will prevent the seat from going in?

Thanks
    Gareth

Hi Gareth
    Sods law you will drill a couple of holes and find it has come out on the inside of the chassis cross member, so to start off with I drilled a tiny file and poked a bit of welding wire through, then had a quick look underneath to see where about’s it was... from there, I measured back from that (top and bottom) to see where the next one would be.
    Re the plates, I welded an M14 Nut onto a 4'' plate - well OTT for what’s needed, but I didn't want to be revisiting if it ever went for a DOT Test.
    Like all these things, its not rocket science, sometimes you just got to have a go
    Cheers
    JIM

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Escape View Post
    Hi Gareth
    Sods law you will drill a couple of holes and find it has come out on the inside of the chassis cross member, so to start off with I drilled a tiny file and poked a bit of welding wire through, then had a quick look underneath to see where about’s it was... from there, I measured back from that (top and bottom) to see where the next one would be.
    Re the plates, I welded an M14 Nut onto a 4'' plate - well OTT for what’s needed, but I didn't want to be revisiting if it ever went for a DOT Test.
    Like all these things, its not rocket science, sometimes you just got to have a go
    Cheers
    JIM
    The concept is simple, but its a bit nerve racking actually doing it. How many fixings do you have, the seats ive got (from a ford tourneo) have 3 or 4 bolts holes per rail (2 rails). just wondering if 2 per rail is enough or do i need to use all the holes.